Celebrating Senior Success: Senior Activities and Announcements

Courtesy of Daniel Tena

A screenshot of the video that ASB put together for seniors to give more information on upcoming senior activities.

Angelica Hernandez Contreras, Staff Writer

With the end of the 2021 academic school year around the corner, comes senior activities to celebrate everyone’s hard work. Make sure to be on top of emails being sent out by Godinez Fundamental High School (GFHS) staff and overall, wear a mask and stay safe at these events. 

Senior Signing Day/Senior Picnic will take place on Friday, May 28th, starting at 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. It’s a day to commemorate the class of 2021 and announce what plans seniors have for their next year: whether it be going to a 4-year university, 2-year college, army, etc. Food will not be provided and CDC guidelines will be implemented. If needed, you may also pick up your GFHS hoodie and sweatpants if you participated in this year’s Senior Interviews, as well as your 2021 yard sign. Graduation tickets will also be distributed so make sure to attend.

Senior Prom will be held in the quad at GFHS on Saturday, May 29th, starting from 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. The attire will be semi-formal and masks are also required for this event. This year’s prom theme is “Serenity,” which is the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. Dance your night away at prom and enjoy your night with friends. 

Senior Awards will take place on Wednesday, June 2nd, in person, in the quad area at GFHS to celebrate the accomplishment(s) of selected seniors from the class of 2021. This event will be split into two sections based on last names. Students whose last names start with “A” through “L” will check in at 5 p.m. and students with last names that start with “M” through “Z” will check in at 6:30 p.m. Formal attire and masks will be required, and social distancing will be implemented. Those who will be receiving an award(s) have been notified via email, therefore, make sure to check your emails for more information.

And lastly, the event every senior has been waiting for, graduation, will be held on Friday, June 11th, at 6 p.m. in the Angel Stadium, but people are welcome to begin arriving as early as 4 p.m. It will be a joint graduation with Segerstrom High School (SHS). Two free parking spaces and six graduation tickets will be given to every graduating senior. Make sure to check your emails for more information and congratulations to the graduating class of 2021. You did it.