Keeping in Shape During A Pandemic

“During the first few weeks of quarantine, I would spend my time going to the park with my siblings just to get a run in. However, due to the situation getting worse, I switched it up to home workouts just to stay safe. My workout consists of relying on one's weight rather than the usage of weights and machinery. To make it more affected I repeat each workout three times each,

Courtesy or Julisaa Otuno

“During the first few weeks of quarantine, I would spend my time going to the park with my siblings just to get a run in. However, due to the situation getting worse, I switched it up to home workouts just to stay safe. My workout consists of relying on one's weight rather than the usage of weights and machinery. To make it more affected I repeat each workout three times each," said Julissa Otuno who plays volleyball.

Flavio Hernandez, Reporter

The gym is closed. Sports are cancelled. And everyone is stuck at home. 

With so much free time on our hands, now is the opportunity to take advantage and be fit. So, how do Grizzlies stay in shape? 

Godinez Fundamental High School students were contacted through social media, as social distancing continues, to learn how they are exercising while under quarantine. Many athletes continue to participate in physical activities and exercises in order to stay in shape.

Here is what Grizzlies do while waiting for the state to ease social restrictions and open up local gyms again.