Athletes Of The Month: August 2019

Ana Orozco, Staff Writer

• Kimberly Galvez is being nominated because of the commitment she showed her team during this summer season. Kim came to practice and worked hard while also taking the time to help her underclass teammates. Kim takes initiative and has really stepped up as a leader', said Coach Prawl.

Ana Orozco

• It’s a pleasure to nominate Diego as the Boys’ Water Polo AOTM. He’s been pushing himself hard in order to be a better player defensively and offensively. He always maintains a positive attitude and always forces himself to do better in the pool. He is a great student athlete that any coach would like to see on their team. "I look forward to seeing him become a shooter with all his new and improved skills from this summer", said Coach Cruz.

• Angelica Acevedo displays an excellent example of good character. She has outstanding sportsmanship, she respects her coaches and teammates. Her commitment towards the sport of volleyball shows in her hard work at every practice. "She shows leadership in her work ethic and her mental and physical toughness ", said Coach Nixon.

Ana Orozco

• Donna Tran has taken a leadership role on our team this year. She is an exemplary athlete, balancing her commitment to the team all the while managing her academic coursework. She leads by example and has become one of the best players on the team, always willing to incorporate new skills learned. "A great player to have on the team because of her skill set and her leadership qualities", said Coach Cortez.

Ana Orozco

• Jonathan Ramirez is a hard working young man that has greatly improved the defiant team’s attitude. "He has an infectious personality that helps build confidence in his teammates", said Coach Hernandez.

Ana Orozco

• Janet Adame has grown to be an ideal Godinez athlete and scholar. In the 4 years of her cross-country career, she has demonstrated more dedication and love for her sport every year. As this year’s team captain, she will carry our team to victory one positive attitude at a time and smile the whole way there. "Thank you Janet for showing Grizzly pride and for making our team a better one every day", said Coach Valdez.

Ana Orozco