Athletes of the Month: April 2019

Athletes of the Month: April 2019

Stunt:   Genesis Velazaquez (#360303) 10th Grader Current GPA: 3.67 Varsity
“Genesis is being nominated for her positive attitude.  She always comes to practice ready to learn something new and is always open to new ideas.  She takes critiques really well.  As a sophomore, Genesis has always grown comfortable with taking initiative at practice.  She is also the athlete who stays accountable for their actions and does not make excuses.”  Coach Prawl

Stunt: Genesis Velazaquez (#360303) 10th Grader Current GPA: 3.67 Varsity “Genesis is being nominated for her positive attitude. She always comes to practice ready to learn something new and is always open to new ideas. She takes critiques really well. As a sophomore, Genesis has always grown comfortable with taking initiative at practice. She is also the athlete who stays accountable for their actions and does not make excuses.” Coach Prawl

Yoseline Arroyo

Yoseline Arroyo

Yoseline Arroyo

Yoseline Arroyo and Arlene Borja

Arlene Borja

Baseball:    Mario Magallon (#358590) 10th Grader Current GPA:  3.00 Varsity

“It is a great pleasure nominating Mario Magallon for Baseball’s Athlete of the Month. Mario has been our most consistent pitcher for us this year.  He has already thrown 28 innings for us and leads our team in E.R.A. w/a .3.00 E.R.A. One of the amazing things about Mario’s performance this year is that his strikeout to walk ratio is over 3 to 1.  Another thing that is exciting about Marion is that he is only a sophomore and will continue to grow as a player and as a fine young man in our program.” Luke MacLennan

Yoseline Arroyo

Softball:   Isabel Lopez (#330577) 12th Grader Current GPA: 3.50 Varsity

“Isabel has been the spark plug to our team.  Her ability to overcome tough situations both on and off the field make her a great leader.  She is a three time league champion and received all league honors. She is a great example for underclassman to follow,”   Coach Medina. Lopez, will be attending Saddleback college, in the fall.

Arlene Borja

Swimming:   Joselyn Bernal (#347059) 11th Grader Current GPA: 3.66 Varsity

“Joselyn is a hard worker and a true Grizzly.  She strives to be the best she can be on a daily basis and has been working very hard to become a faster swimmer.  Joselyn is also an excellent student and great example of what we strive to foster here at Godinez.” Coach Wright

Arlene Borja

Boys’ Tennis:   Asbiel Fleites (#410347) 12th Grader Current GPA: 3.16 Varsity

“Asbiel has worked diligently to improve on the court and off the court.  He has become our most consistent player on the team. He is very unassuming, but work to improve and puts into practice new techniques and strategies learned.  He will be missed as a steady senior,” Coach Cortez. Fleites got accepted into Cal State Fullerton where he is going to attend this upcoming Fall.

Yoseline Arroyo

Boys’ Track & Field:   Alan Rodriguez (#350394) 11th Grader Current GPA: 3.00 Varsity

“Alan has shown great improvement during this season.  He has also stayed positive and focused during a time when competitions and academics become rigorous.  Alan has also stepped up to help lead the distance runners. Even when not competing, he attends the meets to support the team.”   Coach Rocha-Rodriguez

Yoseline Arroyo

Girls’ Track & Field:     Luz Sandoval (#363487) 9th Grader Current GPA:  3.50 Varsity

“Luz came to us from P.E. eager to run and ready work hard. She is our number two on our sprinters team and has even more potential. She is also an exemplary scholar athlete with a 3.5 g.p.a. We are excited to keep working with her and hope to one day write her name on our school records! Coach Valdez

Yoseline Arroy

Boys’ Volleyball:    Johnny Zavala (#341072) 12th Grader Current GPA: 3.00 Varsity

“Johnny Zavala is a great athlete.  He has shown great progress over the past year.  He stays after practice to lift and get stronger and I believe because of that desire to be better it has paid off.  Johnny always comes to practice with a positive attitude. He has really grown as an athlete and has become a great asset to his team.  I am honored to have him on the team and be his coach,” Coach Sok. Johnny is attending Orange Coast College this upcoming fall.