Throwback Movies to Binge this Spring Break

Celeste Larita, Staff Writer

Here at the Grizzly Gazette, we know binging is a sacred practice to many. We are highly aware of the silent boredom spring break may bring, so here’s a batch of blast to the past movies that will certainly keep you entertained this spring break.

Courtesy of: Buena Vista Pictures Courtesy of: Buena Vista Pictures Courtesy of: Paramount Pictures

Breakfast At Tiffany’s

If you were to see any Audrey Hepburn movie, “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” is definitely the one to watch. This two time Oscar award-winning movie takes a plunge into Holly Golightly’s (Audrey Hepburn)  deep and troubled mindset when it comes to her love life. Senior, Lily Castellanos loves this movie she said: “you can really find love when you least expect it, it could come at the wrong time but it will completely change your mindset ”. It’s definitely a go-to movie if you’re ready for a good laugh or cry. It’s a multifaceted movie for all people.

Simon Birch (1998)

This movie is definitely a tear-jerker. The film focuses on the friendship between “Simon Birch” (played by Ian Michael Smith) and Joe Wentworth (played by Joseph Mazzello). It brings back the nostalgia of the friendships you had back in middle school. Throughout the movie, Simon beats the odds and teaches us that we can all do good, no matter the circumstances. Although there are no big names in this film, it’s definitely underappreciated. It’s a beautiful film about friendship and selflessness. It teaches you about love and loss.

Can’t Buy Me Love (1987)

Would you agree to be in a fake relationship for $ 1,000? Cindy Mancini, played by Amanda Peterson, did and things get messy. Her fake boyfriend Ryan Miller is played by Patrick Dempsey. You know, like Dr. Shepard from Grey’s Anatomy, Patrick Dempsey. Ryan Miller will definitely help you pick up some sick dance movies just in time for this prom season. If you really think about it, it’s the gushy romance movie everyone should watch.

Courtesy of: Universal Pictures courtesy of: New World Pictures Courtesy of: Paramount Pictures

The Breakfast Club (1985)

“The Breakfast Club” depicts teenagers as human beings with emotions. This is actress’ Molly Ringwald’s edgier work where she plays the typical “popular girl”, Claire Standish. Director, John Hughes does an incredible job displaying her and all the other characters as three-dimensional people. This is something a lot of teen movies then and now lack. Senior, Wendy Roque, said, “everyone should just talk to each other, you just have to say hi sometimes, you’ll never know how someone could be feeling.” Watch this movie.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1987)

Yet another John Hughes movie! This film is every high school student’s dream. Ferris Bueller, played by Matthew Broderick, cultivates an elaborate scheme to have the perfect ditch day. His suspecting principal Ed Rooney, played by Jeffrey Jones, attempts to make this nearly impossible. Sending him on the adventure of a lifetime. This is definitely a lighthearted classic, you’ll never forget.

Heathers (1988)

If you have enough of these cliche rom-com movies you should give Heathers a try, It takes a dark twist on high school relationships. People often call their significant others their partner in crime, but this movie takes it literally. It’s a great movie to watch if you’re desperately craving a relationship. I promise you won’t be so boyfriend lonely after this movie.