Memories Created by the Sound of Music

Godinez  marching band and color guard perform at the SAUSD Showcase on Nov. 14, 2018, at Santa Ana Sports Complex
Photo by:Aristeo Miranda

Aristeo Miranda

Godinez marching band and color guard perform at the SAUSD Showcase on Nov. 14, 2018, at Santa Ana Sports Complex Photo by:Aristeo Miranda

Aristeo Miranda, Staff Writer

“Godinez you may now take the field.” And with that announcement, Godinez Fundamental High School´s marching band stepped on to the field hoping to wow the audience with their performance.

Godinez band has been performing poorly in the majority of their competitions this past year. This showcase was one last chance to show what they got.

But this showcase is not about showing who is the best and who is the worst. SAUSD is about enjoying band performance, one last time as they play for friends, families, staff, students, and every school in Santa Ana.

There were performances by Godinez, Saddleback, Santa Ana, Segerstrom, and Valley High Schools. Sadly, there was no performance by Century high school as they did not attend the event.

Senior Aldahir Martinez, who plays flute enjoyed every school’s performance “ They did an amazing job, especially Santa Ana, they had a really good show this year,” said Martinez.

Godinez performed well and many people believed it was the best performance they had in the whole season. Santa Ana known as the “Marching Saints” performed the best show and Valley performed a fun routine with the dances and songs titled “Your Mom’s Playlist.”

What matters the most was how the band enjoyed the experience and memories they created. “I feel sad that marching band has come to an end but I’m glad we got to perform one last time. I’ll miss being able to hang out with friends during practice,” said Martinez.

Senior Elsa Macedo, in color guard, felt emotional with the last performance. “I was excited about the performance but sad at the same time since I spent a lot of time with the team since summer,” said Macedo.

Daniela Martinez, sophomore in color guard enjoyed this season and created memories with the team. “The last performance was one of the best as we gave it our all and it was worth it. I am going to miss the sisterhood we created and all the laughs,” said Martinez.

Friends, families, students, and staff enjoyed this one last time as the marching season comes to an end. In the end, every band got together and performed “Pretty Fly for a White Guy” and “ Kashmir.”

As the show ended at 9 p.m. the band walked off the field one last time.

4 Responses to “Memories Created by the Sound of Music”

1. Catherine on December 3rd, 2018 9:14 am

I think the marching band did very good at the performances and should be proud that they were a part of the experience.

2. aviara on December 3rd, 2018 9:15 am

All that matters is the marching band enjoyed themselves and they made memories. They created a great bond with each other, and definitely leave an impact on the school.

3. eileen on December 3rd, 2018 9:17 am

Music and performing have brought together many students and is a great way to make friends. Although some performances may not be that great, the bond they have is.

4. Carlos on December 3rd, 2018 10:08 am

I think these are the moments that seniors should cherish because you won’t live another life with these kinds of memories. Sure sometimes you won’t win on something you love doing but thats ok. If you love what you do then live the moment because who knows what life has to offer.

• Memories Created by the Sound of Music

Campus News

Adding New Turf to Campus was Tough but not Impossible

Campus News

A Day in the Life of the Hardest Working Person on Campus

Campus News

New Teachers Land on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Driving Towards a License

Campus News

Don’t Miss Out On The C.T.E Experience

Campus News

Stressed and Hungry? We Found Study Solutions

Campus News

Seniors Frustrations Turn to Online Venting and Bullying of ASB

Campus News

Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Anxiety and Depression in High School Students On the Rise

Campus News

Quiz Bowl: Testing Minds and Nerves

Memories Created by the Sound of Music