Thanksgiving Traditions

Thanksgiving Traditions

Edwin Alvarez, Staff Writer

Every year, we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday on the fourth Thursday of November. Most families follow traditions begun on the first Thanksgiving, but many have their own traditions that they follow each year. Here are some of the common traditions associated with “Turkey Day.”

Such as traditional foods. Traditional foods are a large part of Thanksgiving celebrations. Many families include the entire family in the food preparation. Traditional foods include turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, cornbread, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. Many people serve pie for dessert at the end of the meal. Popular pie flavors are pumpkin, pecan, sweet potato, and apple. We asked some Grizzlies what are some of their traditions.

Senior Brandon Duarte, said, “Every year we make a homemade pie, every year we alternate choosing the flavors these years it is my sisters turn.”

Edwin Alvarez

Senior Jesus Campos said, “Before Thanksgiving, my family and I go hunting for deer.”

Edwin Alvarez

Freshman Isabella Narvarte, said, “Like most families, we all sit together and enjoy each other

company before we eat we go around the table and say what we are thankful for.”

Sophomore Adrianna Cuatlacuatl, said, “Since most of my family isn’t here, we tend to always call my family and make them know how thankful we are to have them even if it’s hard to see them every year.”  

Edwin Alvarez