Athletes of the Month: October

Yoseline Arroyo

"Jesse is a great team leader. He is always willing to do extra work needed to better himself and his team. Against Fairmont Prep, he threw for 245 yards and four touchdowns." Coach Sebastian Hernandez

Yoseline Arroyo and Arlene Borja

Lupita Nieto – “I nominate Lupita Nieto for October Athlete of the Month.  Miss Nieto has grown so much this season and has become a reliable key player.  She’s usually the first one in the gym and the first one to set up the court. She has so much potential and I can’t wait to get her there.  I am honored to have her again for two more years and I can’t wait to see how great a player she will become,” said Coach Sok.

Gabriel Cruz – “Gabriel is a hard worker and always puts forth a great effort. He’s been improving throughout the season and leads his group with a positive attitude,” said Coach Rocha Rodriguez.

Abigail Najera – “Abby is being nominated because of the amount of strength she brings to the team.  She is tough and hardworking plus on top of it she has taken on a leadership role. Abby is the girls the team counts on to make any stunt hit.  Lastly, Abby is always working to better herself as an athlete. She makes a goal and pushes herself to reach that goal,” said Coach Selena Prawl.

Wilton Phung – Wilton is a 2nd-year water polo player who has shown absolutely stellar improvements over the year.  Due to injury, he was asked to step up into the primary defensive position of 2-meter defense and has become a key part of our defensive strategy,” said Coach Jessica Morris

Melissa Peinado – Melissa has been our most consistent player all season long, leading our number 1 doubles team, one of the best in the entire league. Last week despite suffering an ankle injury, she played through some pain leading her doubles team to a 4-1 record. Melissa provides the team with an always upbeat and positive attitude,” said Coach Heriberto Cortez.

Janet Adame – “Janet has improved substantially in the three years she has been part of our Cross Country team. Her hard work and consistency doesn’t fail to pay off. She is now a top runner, a scholar-athlete, and a great person. We are on the edge of our seats as we witness Godinez’ next top runner in action,” said  Coach Valdez.