Stressed and Hungry? We Found Study Solutions

A peaceful place to study at in the Fourth Street Market Place food hall located on E. 4th Street  in Santa Ana.

A peaceful place to study at in the Fourth Street Market Place food hall located on E. 4th Street in Santa Ana.

Marisol Garcia

Marisol Garcia

Marisol Garcia

Marisol Garcia-Luis and Celeste Larita

A key component to staying focused is to have a full stomach and a quiet place to study.  However, home might not be the ideal place. Here are five local places to peacefully study and nosh.

Lantern Grill

Lantern Grill is a great place to grab a bite while you study. They have different study areas to accommodate your preferences. The atmosphere is very welcoming and calm. You will not have to worry about feeling out of place while doing your work there. A worker at the Lantern Grill, who preferred to stay anonymous said, “ When students come to the Lantern Grill they are very satisfied and always have a smile on their face. Students really enjoy the environment and our teas are some of their favorite drinks.” One of their most popular tea is their passion fruit tea with either green tea or black tea as the base.  Some of their best selling items are the popcorn chicken and dumplings. They are also very courteous and offer free printing. Along with staying open until 3 a.m. Lantern Grill is an all around great place to study and finish any hefty assignments.

Panera Bread

“ If you need to study and are in the mood for good food than this is the place to go,” said former Godinez Fundamental High School student Noel Larita. For the most part, Panera Bread has a quiet environment, which makes it a perfect place to do your work. Everyone is working, so you don’t have to worry about being the only one doing school work. Plus they close at 10 p.m., which gives you plenty of time to do your work. When you are at Panera Bread you can not go wrong if you order one of their many sandwiches or a bowl of soups. And their roasted turkey and avocado BLT on a sourdough sandwich.

Euro Cafe

Euro Cafe is a great place to get a nice bite. Their food is very earthy and healthy for the most part, yet delicious. When we went we ordered a turkey pesto crepe with a nice side salad and lavender tea.Finishing up the meal with a berry cake.No complaints, the food was well seasoned and the tea was fresh. The environment was calm. It’s a great place to finish up a small assignment. Yet, not anything too hefty as they do have limited seating. Overall it was a good place, but the environment was too uncomfortable to work on anything too grand.

4th Street Market Place

We were disappointed by a small cafe called Hopper and Burr, which was supposed to be a great place to study. They only have about five drinks and stop serving food at 3 p.m. We finally found 4th Street Market Place. Karla Arreola, a senior at Godinez, loved it. “There is a lot of variety and it is a peaceful and enjoyable location,” said Arreola. There are many different restaurants within this little food hall. You will surely find something to eat here, whether you are in the mood for a salad or some hot wings. They have different locations to do all your studying. If you want to do your studying indoor, they have benches or couches. If you prefer to be outdoors they have you covered as well. There are tables both in the front and back patio. The only flaw is that parking is hard to find.

Hidden House Coffee

Hidden House Coffee is a great place to get your daily dose of caffeine while being productive. Senior, Stephanie Lopez described it as a productive environment and said, “ I recommend it, and it’s not as noisy as Starbucks. ” They have a great variety of drinks and are even vegan/ vegetarian-friendly. Their Americano is one of their strongest, yet best drink. They also have an outdoor seating area in case you choose to work outdoors. It’s an all-around great environment except for the fact that parking is quite difficult to find.

5 Responses to “Stressed and Hungry? We Found Study Solutions”

1. Robert Morgan on October 17th, 2018 12:53 pm

I would love to have the addresses of all of these eating establishments. Thanks

2. Stephanie on October 17th, 2018 1:02 pm

I found this article to be very helpful. Now I know what places to visit for when I need a quiet place to study and get something to eat.

3. Elias Orellana on October 17th, 2018 2:02 pm

I really like Portola because they have great lemonade.

4. Edgar Hernandez on November 14th, 2018 1:18 pm

I concur with this article because I feel like these places is a way to release some stress and to eat which I think its fantastic considering how much homework we have been getting lately it sounds like a nice and relaxing place. Also, it’s a good way to promulgate students to go there with friends and family to have fun and just come together and relax and the best part eat something while you’re there.

5. Briana Arinaga on January 30th, 2019 12:33 pm

This a great way to promulgate this location to students as well as different places to study. I think students will be cajoled into going to study in a fresh environment. This is a great way to explore our community, but also to try new things. You can also set up study groups and use these places as places to meet.

• Campus News

Saving the Environment One Product at a Time

• Stressed and Hungry? We Found Study Solutions

Campus News

Michael Cohen’s Testimony: Why Should It Matter?

Campus News

New GFHS Wellness Center Is Here to Help

Campus News

Top 10 of the Most Fierce Ladies in History

Campus News

Sex Trafficking is a Reality

Campus News

Overcoming the AP Hustle

Campus News

Money Or Extracurriculars? Every Grizzly has a Choice

Campus News

The Happiest Place on Earth Comes with a Price

Campus News

A $1 Billion Missed Opportunity

Campus News

Upcoming Events for your 2019 Calendar