Students Rushing To Clubs

Jessica Garcia and Edwin Alvarez

Club Rush 2018 was a huge success. Our school club representatives had information and sign-ups where students could join in a variety of activities from Mariachi Club to Key Club. The event presents opportunities for students to get involved and to explore new interests. Club Rush took place during both lunches on Thursday and Friday, Sept 20, 21. Once the lunch bell rang, the whole campus filled up. Music was played and students frantically searched for the club that best fits them. Here are some of the clubs you can join, Ethnics Studies, MCAS Miramar Club, Breakfast Book Club, Art Club and more.

33 Responses to “Students Rushing To Clubs”

1. Jacky on October 9th, 2018 8:40 am

I think it is wonderful that students have the opportunity to be able to join clubs that appeal to them. It’s a significant opportunity because it allows them to speak their minds. As mentioned in the article, in the Ethnics Club, members of the club have the chance to speak on eminent conflicts around the world. The clubs also give students an area in which they could place their compound thoughts into phrases and interact with other students, gaining knowledge and meeting new friends.

2. Daniela Martinez on October 9th, 2018 10:36 am

In my opinion, I think it is amazing that a school offers clubs without having to pay for things and spot to be there and have an opportunity to bond with people who may have the same interests like you. I also think its look imminent on your college application and also your senior exit portfolio. It also helps you be more social even if its just a tinge amount of it, have someone there for you. I also think its good time to make new friends and help each other out with classes and hang out outside of school this builds skills with your growth.

3. Kimberly on October 9th, 2018 10:39 am

It is important for students to find the club that most fits their adroit abilities. Although some of their search may come with a hapless result. Although, the student could find a club that they can relate to the most. As well, in this club rush there were many opportunities for clubs. For example I joined art club because i love to draw and it’s a way to relax. This club fits with my personality the most.

4. Karen on October 9th, 2018 11:02 am

Having club rush is a great opportunity for students to get involved in school. The lunch area was replete with numerous tables presenting clubs and club members. It is amazing seeing so many club member cajoling others to join their clubs. I was personally looking for any clubs offering community service; tech crew, pink ribbon, etc. Along with club rush giving us great opportunities for involvement in school, it is also fun and you get to see all the different clubs in school.

5. Daniel Gonzalez on October 9th, 2018 12:05 pm

I really love that this school has a lot of clubs that students can join. Many students don’t have much to do at home so joining a club fills their time with something that they are interested in. There were a plethora of students just waiting to join a club on both days. They could all ask around for information on the clubs. There was a lot of people gesticulating and inviting you to come and find out more about their club. Club day was a success.

6. indys on October 9th, 2018 12:08 pm

I think this was a great opportunity for students to really find what they like to do. Students were given the chance to choose something with great eminence to them. It also enhances their portfolio by showing that they were involved with their school more than just the normal school hours.

7. Patricia Gutierrez on October 9th, 2018 12:16 pm

I think clubs are a great way for students to perceive new things in what they are interested in like music, art, or reading books. When students join clubs they can enhance their creativity. Students as well are able to become more outgoing, due to students meeting new people in clubs and becoming more involved.

8. Daniel on October 9th, 2018 1:13 pm

I believe that the ability to join clubs allows students to escape the drudgery of schoolwork. Though they can be time-consuming, clubs allow students to unwind and are an eminent part of school life. Joining a club makes school more exciting and gives students a chance to spend time together doing things they like.

9. Zayra on October 9th, 2018 1:14 pm

Club Rush is an amazing opportunity for students to express their interests while also getting to know new people. Clubs are a place for students to feel confident in what their interests are and acknowledge that there are others just like them. If a student once repudiated their decision to join a club, this year was a chance for them to finally make their decision and maybe even join the club they were reluctant to join in the first place. The good thing about clubs is how inclusive they are. There is no incongruence. Everyone, whether they are a new or old member, feels like they are part of the same club and are treated equally.

10. Jovanna Gazano on October 9th, 2018 1:28 pm

I think it’s cool that a throng of people are able to fabricate a club that fits all of their interests. Especially ones that include creative things, or that help students with their community service. It is also a cool idea because there are various types of clubs like fun clubs, community clubs, or donating clubs, in which students can choose from.

11. Emily on October 17th, 2018 8:16 am

I think club rush was a great way to get involved at school. Students can join a club that they are interested in, and they can even start their own club.

12. Christina on October 17th, 2018 8:21 am

i think club rush is a good way to get students to understand more clubs. Also to get exposed to more clubs , which allows more involvement in the clubs. Clubs are a great way to meet new people and to see what you like and what you are interested in.

13. Jenessa Hernandez on October 17th, 2018 8:24 am

I really enjoyed club rush because I was able to talk to the leaders of each club. I was also able to look at some of the work they completed the previous year.It gave me a really clear idea of the clubs that most aligned with my interests.

14. Adriana Castrejon on October 17th, 2018 9:17 am

This new club is great to educate our students on the customs and traditions of other cultures. It also gives students a chance to educate themselves more on their own personal culture and how it has formed the habits as well as customs that they know today.

15. Wendy Salgado on October 17th, 2018 2:08 pm

I find this a great idea that people are joining clubs because you get to meet new people, and at the same time you get to do what you love.

16. Lizeth Ortuno on November 14th, 2018 8:31 am

I think that club rush is an excellent way for students to find what clubs are offered at Godinez. There is a large variety of clubs that students can join and get involved with. Everyone was in a frenzy signing up and asking club leaders about what the club is about. The club leaders did a great job at promulgating their club by showing what they do and how its fun.

17. Alyssa on November 14th, 2018 8:32 am

I think having clubs that students can participate in is important because it gets their mind off of being stressed and they get to have fun doing something they enjoy. It’s also cool that students get two days to pick a club because then they won’t have to be frenzy about what clubs to join. It is also cool that the clubs didn’t have a certain number of people that can sign up, instead, they didn’t t have a certain number of students that were able to join so that they wouldn’t feel distraught about not joining the club they wanted.

18. Ebony on November 14th, 2018 8:33 am

I think it’s amazing how our school allows us to join different types of clubs and it allows more avid people to join what they like to do best. These clubs allow us to meet new people and it allows us to get away for a while from the drudgery of homework we get every single day. It allows people to learn new things that they didn’t know before which I believe is amazing.

19. Mariana Quezada on November 14th, 2018 8:33 am

The club rush event is really important because it benefits the students. To be in a club looks good on your college resume because it shows you are involved in school. Also, it can be a good way to make school more enjoyable for those steeped in homework. I implore you to walk around the next club rush and see what you like. There is always a throng of students waiting to sign up for a new club.

20. Yuliana Acevedo on November 14th, 2018 8:49 am

Attending Club Rush gives an excellent opportunity to develop new interests and stepping out from your comfort zone. Knowing that both lunches were rampant with students proves that students from Godinez are determined. Joining a club can help us develop new adroit techniques of how to be more responsible and manage time.

21. Ernie Martinez on November 14th, 2018 11:01 am

I think it is very good that people are getting steeped into many different programs and activities that doesn’t just give them a better resume but experience. This opens students minds too everyone just is excited to try new things in a frenzy and is just amazing.

22. indys lopez on November 14th, 2018 12:05 pm

I think it’s amazing that we as students have this and get to chose what clubs interest us. Also, we get to meet new people and talk to people that have some of the same interest. This enables us to construe each other and become closer. I concur that this is a great idea not only are we allowed to chose what interests us but also gives us an opportunity to show that we are responsible enough to make our own decisions.

23. Melissa on November 14th, 2018 12:15 pm

I think it is good that people get to see different types of clubs so they can see where they best fit. People were talking and getting information during this rampant event. I concur that the ethics club is a great club because you learn about different cultures and your voice can be heard.

24. david garcia on November 14th, 2018 12:17 pm

I think its cool that there are a plethora of clubs to join. It is important to join clubs because clubs are an eminent part of a college resume.

25. Andrea Barroso on November 14th, 2018 12:18 pm

Club Rush is a very exciting event here at Godinez. It allows students to join a club that peaks their interest and helps students meet more people here at school. Club Rush always has a plethora of students joining or rushing to clubs. Club Rush even has students walking back to class with colored piles of paper. Club Rush contains clubs that students may be steeped in to. Clubs can be a great distracting event that students can focus on with joy.

26. Melissa Aceves on November 14th, 2018 12:19 pm

I think joining clubs is a great idea because you get to see where you best fit in. Students were talking and getting information on different clubs in that rampant event. I concur that clubs are important because you get to meet different people and get community service.

27. Yahir Angeles on November 14th, 2018 1:23 pm

I feel as if activities like these help students be more involved in after-school activities and also help students develop new types of skills that can, later on, help them. These type of activities help a student construe the different types of cultures and ethnicities around the world it also helps students elicit on things they questioned or things they had misunderstandings about.

28. Lizette Memije on November 14th, 2018 1:23 pm

This club was probably an egregious wait if the whole campus filled up. The leaders of the clubs probably did not tolerate the students to leave without signing up for the club if they stayed and listen to what they had to say about the interest and fun activities they could with them.

29. Javier Procopio on November 14th, 2018 4:58 pm

In my opinion, I believe that it is great that they have a club rush in our school because it is eminent for students to join a club. Students get to express themselves to the club they would want to join and have a reason why they would join it. Aswell you can cajole one of your friends to join the club that you want to join so you won’t be bored. These clubs can be fun and very enjoyable.

30. Jarely Gonzalez on November 14th, 2018 5:28 pm

You can tell by the plethora of people that the club rush was a success. Clubs are important because they help you meet people who have similar interest to yours. During the club rush, I can see many students abounded with joy; there were smiles on their faces as they get information about the club they are interested in.

31. Erika on November 14th, 2018 7:09 pm

I find that club rush is a great way to promulgate to the students so they have something to learn or learn more about. It might give a student solace when they meet other people that are similar to them, and they make new friends when they join a club. they also won’t have to clandestine because they can share it on the club they join and bring new fresh ideas.

32. Cynthia Salazar on November 14th, 2018 9:34 pm

I very much like the idea of Club Rush because it allows you to see all of the clubs that are found at Godinez and the opportunities that each gives. I know that joining a club can seem intimidating at first, but you never know, maybe that club could enhance abilities you didn’t know you had. No one wants to look back on their high school years and feel it was nothing but lackluster. They say your high school years are some of the most wonderful years, but this will not be true unless you do something about it. If you want to remember these years as abounding with fun and laughter, joining a club could help facilitate the fabrication of such wonderful memories.

33. Robert Andaluz on November 14th, 2018 11:04 pm

Even though I didn’t join a club this year, I could tell lots of kids were interested as the whole lunch area was a frenzy and chaos. I actually was talking to a club member for a club I was interested in, but the elicit member was not persuasive enough to lure me into the club. Anyway, I think it is wonderful how we as students are able to have an option to join a club we enjoy.

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Adding New Turf to Campus was Tough but not Impossible

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

A Day in the Life of the Hardest Working Person on Campus

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

New Teachers Land on Godinez Campus

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Memories Created by the Sound of Music

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Driving Towards a License

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Don’t Miss Out On The C.T.E Experience

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Stressed and Hungry? We Found Study Solutions

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Seniors Frustrations Turn to Online Venting and Bullying of ASB

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Anxiety and Depression in High School Students On the Rise

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Quiz Bowl: Testing Minds and Nerves

Students Rushing To Clubs