Students Rushing To Clubs

Jessica Garcia and Edwin Alvarez

Club Rush 2018 was a huge success. Our school club representatives had information and sign-ups where students could join in a variety of activities from Mariachi Club to Key Club. The event presents opportunities for students to get involved and to explore new interests. Club Rush took place during both lunches on Thursday and Friday, Sept 20, 21. Once the lunch bell rang, the whole campus filled up. Music was played and students frantically searched for the club that best fits them. Here are some of the clubs you can join, Ethnics Studies, MCAS Miramar Club, Breakfast Book Club, Art Club and more.

Edwin Alvarez
Senior Jacqueline Pompa, one of the leaders of Ethnics Club. Ethnics Club is a club where different cultures and problems are addressed. Students have the freedom to express themselves as well as learn about different cultures. Meetings are held every other Thursday during both lunches, first lunch Mr.Green´s classroom in room 1-216 and second lunch in Mrs.Salazar´s classroom room 1-235.

16 Responses to “Students Rushing To Clubs”

1. Jacky on October 9th, 2018 8:40 am

I think it is wonderful that students have the opportunity to be able to join clubs that appeal to them. It’s a significant opportunity because it allows them to speak their minds. As mentioned in the article, in the Ethnics Club, members of the club have the chance to speak on eminent conflicts around the world. The clubs also give students an area in which they could place their compound thoughts into phrases and interact with other students, gaining knowledge and meeting new friends.

2. Daniela Martinez on October 9th, 2018 10:36 am

In my opinion, I think it is amazing that a school offers clubs without having to pay for things and spot to be there and have an opportunity to bond with people who may have the same interests like you. I also think its look imminent on your college application and also your senior exit portfolio. It also helps you be more social even if its just a tinge amount of it, have someone there for you. I also think its good time to make new friends and help each other out with classes and hang out outside of school this builds skills with your growth.

3. Kimberly on October 9th, 2018 10:39 am

It is important for students to find the club that most fits their adroit abilities. Although some of their search may come with a hapless result. Although, the student could find a club that they can relate to the most. As well, in this club rush there were many opportunities for clubs. For example I joined art club because i love to draw and it’s a way to relax. This club fits with my personality the most.

4. Karen on October 9th, 2018 11:02 am

Having club rush is a great opportunity for students to get involved in school. The lunch area was replete with numerous tables presenting clubs and club members. It is amazing seeing so many club member cajoling others to join their clubs. I was personally looking for any clubs offering community service; tech crew, pink ribbon, etc. Along with club rush giving us great opportunities for involvement in school, it is also fun and you get to see all the different clubs in school.

5. Daniel Gonzalez on October 9th, 2018 12:05 pm

I really love that this school has a lot of clubs that students can join. Many students don’t have much to do at home so joining a club fills their time with something that they are interested in. There were a plethora of students just waiting to join a club on both days. They could all ask around for information on the clubs. There was a lot of people gesticulating and inviting you to come and find out more about their club. Club day was a success.

6. indys on October 9th, 2018 12:08 pm

I think this was a great opportunity for students to really find what they like to do. Students were given the chance to choose something with great eminence to them. It also enhances their portfolio by showing that they were involved with their school more than just the normal school hours.

7. Patricia Gutierrez on October 9th, 2018 12:16 pm

I think clubs are a great way for students to perceive new things in what they are interested in like music, art, or reading books. When students join clubs they can enhance their creativity. Students as well are able to become more outgoing, due to students meeting new people in clubs and becoming more involved.

8. Daniel Gonzalez on October 9th, 2018 12:36 pm

I love how this school provides various clubs for the students to join. Some students don’t have much to do at home so joining a club gives them something to do after school. Many students want to sign up for clubs and you could tell because there were a plethora of students on Club Rush just waiting to sign up. There were also a lot of people gesticulating for the students to come in and learn more about their club. Club Rush was a success in my opinion too.

9. Daniel on October 9th, 2018 1:13 pm

I believe that the ability to join clubs allows students to escape the drudgery of schoolwork. Though they can be time-consuming, clubs allow students to unwind and are an eminent part of school life. Joining a club makes school more exciting and gives students a chance to spend time together doing things they like.

10. Zayra on October 9th, 2018 1:14 pm

Club Rush is an amazing opportunity for students to express their interests while also getting to know new people. Clubs are a place for students to feel confident in what their interests are and acknowledge that there are others just like them. If a student once repudiated their decision to join a club, this year was a chance for them to finally make their decision and maybe even join the club they were reluctant to join in the first place. The good thing about clubs is how inclusive they are. There is no incongruence. Everyone, whether they are a new or old member, feels like they are part of the same club and are treated equally.

11. Jovanna Gazano on October 9th, 2018 1:28 pm

I think it’s cool that a throng of people are able to fabricate a club that fits all of their interests. Especially ones that include creative things, or that help students with their community service. It is also a cool idea because there are various types of clubs like fun clubs, community clubs, or donating clubs, in which students can choose from.

12. Emily on October 17th, 2018 8:16 am

I think club rush was a great way to get involved at school. Students can join a club that they are interested in, and they can even start their own club.

13. Christina on October 17th, 2018 8:21 am

i think club rush is a good way to get students to understand more clubs. Also to get exposed to more clubs , which allows more involvement in the clubs. Clubs are a great way to meet new people and to see what you like and what you are interested in.

14. Jenessa Hernandez on October 17th, 2018 8:24 am

I really enjoyed club rush because I was able to talk to the leaders of each club. I was also able to look at some of the work they completed the previous year.It gave me a really clear idea of the clubs that most aligned with my interests.

15. Adriana Castrejon on October 17th, 2018 9:17 am

This new club is great to educate our students on the customs and traditions of other cultures. It also gives students a chance to educate themselves more on their own personal culture and how it has formed the habits as well as customs that they know today.

16. Wendy Salgado on October 17th, 2018 2:08 pm

I find this a great idea that people are joining clubs because you get to meet new people, and at the same time you get to do what you love.

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Quiz Bowl: Testing Minds and Nerves

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Students with Perfect Attendance get a New Ride for School

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Losing One of Our Own: Andrew Loera

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Pushing Through Your Senior Year

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Assembly Introduces the Author Behind the Book NEED

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Dancing the Night Away: Photo Gallery of Prom 2018

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Grizzlies Take Flight

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

From High School Seniors to College Freshman

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Seniors, Plan Accordingly

• Students Rushing To Clubs

Campus News

Teachers Secret Talents Shows Passion Beyond the Classroom

Students Rushing To Clubs