Club Beat: TAG Club

Club Beat: TAG Club

Senior Ky-anh  Ho searching up tutorials after his first look at TAG’s raspberry pi robots

Senior Ky-anh Ho searching up tutorials after his first look at TAG’s raspberry pi robots

Steve Pineda

Steve Pineda

Steve Pineda

Steve Pineda, Reporter

As computers begin to boot up, STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) lovers fill up Francene Beaman’s classroom. On Tuesdays and Thursdays for people part of the Technology Animation Graphics Club (TAG), it is a technological wonderland.

In room 4101, TAG Club offers an array of activities surrounding technology. Currently, TAG  acquired several raspberry pi robots and are learning to code to make the robots perform various functions. The students, however, do not just focus on coding, on some weeks, students can sit back and enjoy simply playing games with their club members.

“TAG is a great way to keep my interest in coding fresh every week.”, said senior Joe Sarabia.

With the inclusion of this club, people with experience or little to no experience can get their feet wet and start a new hobby.

Beaman, the club’s coordinator, has dozens of students in her computer science classes that are willing to come out and extend their classroom knowledge into the club. The friendly faces of the club and Beaman’s demonstrations help make every week an enjoyable experience. Even if you are not one of Beaman’s students, like Beaman said, “TAG is a great avenue to get people into the world of programming and even robotics.”

TAG, however, does not just advocate for itself. Recently, Beaman, TAG’s coordinator, has given her students and anyone interested the chance to take extra college-level courses after school.

In mid-September, students were given the opportunity to take these classes and earn an A+++ certification, one of the most important certifications when it comes to getting a job in the field of computer science.

Students like senior Ky-anh Ho took a chance and is currently attending classes after school. “I think it’s a great chance to get a headstart in this field,” Ho said.

Although the year has just started and not everyone can make it weekly to these meetings, every week feels like it is worthwhile to stay and learn for an hour. If you are interested in, make time. TAG Club meets every Tuesday and Thursday starting at 3 p.m in room 4101.

1 Comment

One Response to “Club Beat: TAG Club”

1. Ky-Anh Ho on November 29th, 2018 10:37 pm

uwu

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Staff Spotlight: Eric Pierre

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Doing His Own Thing, Jorge Pacheco Draws it Out

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Everybody Has A Story: Esmeralda Rivera

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Thanks for the Memories

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Staff Spotlight: Elvia Morales

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Club Beat: Color Guard

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Everybody has a Story: Francisco Sanchez

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Artists of the Month: Lexie Flores and Anthony Hill

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Staff Spotlight: Graciela Gonzalez

• Club Beat: TAG Club

Features

Club Beat: GSA is MIA on Campus

Club Beat: TAG Club