Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Jessica Garcia, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, September 12, seniors participated in Senior Push where they were given advice on what to do after they graduate high school. Where should I apply? How do I save money? These were all questions that were answered. Speakers were also present as they came to inform students of how to achieve their goals.

Senior Yesenia Popoca with a GPA of 4.2, thinks Senior Push, was needed since seniors got advice on how to continue their school career.

Popoca said, “It was helpful hearing speakers that were once in our shoes since they came from  Santa Ana. She continued, “It is amazing to see how people like us were able to accomplish things growing up in Santa Ana since Santa Ana students are always misinterpreted.”

Senior Monica Rodriguez with a GPA of 3.1 said it was a good experience since it helped her think about her future and gave her advice on what path to choose. She is not sure where she wants to apply, but with the help of Senior Push, she was able to take a few steps closer for her future plans.

Rodriguez said, “I learned that nothing is easy but everything is possible, you never really finish gaining knowledge.” She finished by saying, “I never thought senior year would come by this fast, I’m sad to be leaving but also really hopeful for my future.”

As the morning ended, advice had been and the hope was for students to be more confident about their future, and to not forget to THINK GODINEZ!