Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Jessica Garcia, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, September 12, seniors participated in Senior Push where they were given advice on what to do after they graduate high school. Where should I apply? How do I save money? These were all questions that were answered. Speakers were also present as they came to inform students of how to achieve their goals.

Senior Yesenia Popoca with a GPA of 4.2, thinks Senior Push, was needed since seniors got advice on how to continue their school career.

Popoca said, “It was helpful hearing speakers that were once in our shoes since they came from  Santa Ana. She continued, “It is amazing to see how people like us were able to accomplish things growing up in Santa Ana since Santa Ana students are always misinterpreted.”

Senior Monica Rodriguez with a GPA of 3.1 said it was a good experience since it helped her think about her future and gave her advice on what path to choose. She is not sure where she wants to apply, but with the help of Senior Push, she was able to take a few steps closer for her future plans.

Rodriguez said, “I learned that nothing is easy but everything is possible, you never really finish gaining knowledge.” She finished by saying, “I never thought senior year would come by this fast, I’m sad to be leaving but also really hopeful for my future.”

As the morning ended, advice had been and the hope was for students to be more confident about their future, and to not forget to THINK GODINEZ!

6 Responses to “Pushing Through Your Senior Year”

1. Mr. Church on September 17th, 2018 4:05 pm

Excellent article! Seniors, if you need help, please ASK! This year, we will add up to four teachers to all Tuesday Late Night workshops to assist with personal statements. I am confident that with English teachers; our Higher Ed Coordinator; and our entire counseling team, students will have even greater success this year with the application process. THINK Godinez!

2. Jose Flores on October 9th, 2018 10:41 am

I think this article is eminent to students in their senior year because of the advice they could get to keep their school career going. The advice they can give can stipulate you how to move from high school to college.

3. Javier Procopio on October 9th, 2018 11:01 am

This article is very important to seniors because it helps them to be intrepid for what is coming in the future, of their college life. The seniors learned what they will acost the challenges when they move into their real lives. In my opinion, I believe this article was great because they explain what to do after being a senior and how to fulfill life.

4. Daisy Roman on October 9th, 2018 12:17 pm

This is a great article since it is stipulating that seniors should care about their future and plan ahead. Every nuance of this year will be the outcome of where they will study and how it’ll affect their future. It’s an eminent factor being able to know where to get help when you are confused or need guidance.

5. Rebecca on October 9th, 2018 12:41 pm

Many people need to take advantage of these eminent opportunities. We need to perceive the importance of Senior Push , it can change your perspective in what you want to do later on in the future. It can change your mind and others as well.

6. Julian Perez on November 15th, 2018 7:20 am

I believe Senior Push is eminent to students because it allows students to gain more knowledge on how to continue there educational career. I strongly believe Senior Push and those late night workshops will give solace to the students because at times like these students get really stressed out. Senior Push also gave the students the opportunity of hearing other´s success stories, people who were once in their shoes that grew up in Santa Ana; that opportunity will make them aspirant students.

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

Senioritis affecting the race to Graduation

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

AP Practice Exams Invade Spring Break

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

Lime Scooters ride into Santa Ana with unprecedented risks

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

GFHS Students Pay the Consequences with Locked Bathrooms on Campus

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

Get Involved by Saving the Environment

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

Michael Cohen’s Testimony: Why Should It Matter?

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

New GFHS Wellness Center Is Here to Help

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

Top 10 of the Most Fierce Ladies in History

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

Save the Environment: Buy a Metal Straw

• Pushing Through Your Senior Year

Campus News

Sex Trafficking is a Reality

Pushing Through Your Senior Year