Artist of the Month: Teresa Herrera

Edward Butron, Reporter

Teresa Herrera, a Freshman has just begun her time at Godinez but has already developed a strong powerful bond in her class this year.

“This was my first year drawing which I didn’t think I would enjoy, but immediately I ended up really liking it.”

Herrera, like many freshmen, started with taking a VAPA class her first year. These classes hold a good mixture of under and upperclassmen. One of the defining traits of VAPA classes is their ability to adhere to the level of any student. Student’s talents can be acknowledged through higher classes, such as AP studio art or AP music theory.

Teresa thoroughly enjoys all of her classes but has grown very fond of her art class and will continue to exceed expectations in her drawing career.

“Drawing has improved my writing in all of my classes and has inspired me to improve my grades and made me see the beauty in drawing.”

Martin Benitez a senior that is suffering from senioritis has discovered an elective that he says his heart has been missing and is now enjoying the rest of his school year with the creativity going on in his drawings. 

“I have been craving a class that gave me a challenge and gave me something to look forward to”

Martin is very obsessed with the thought of drawing every chance he gets and made him

into a very busy man that has changed for the better and has since been working hard to achieve his best in all his classes.