Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Christopher Cornejo

Christopher Cornejo

Joanna Luna and Kevin Ruiz, Reporters

Defining a person includes the way they dress to express themselves. There are many fashion trends that are out there, but they’re all different. These are some fashion trends that we have noticed or wear ourselves.

Kevin: Fashion trends have always been prevalent in the lives of young adults. Adolescents have been the the core of giving the rise for new trends. The fashion trends for this year involve a lot of expensive brands. Male adolescents have showed an interest in brands like; Supreme, Palace, Bape Clothing, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Anti-Social Club. Those who wear these types of clothes are typically called, “Hype-Beasts.”

One of the fashion trends that male teens wear are the distressed jean jacket. These are being worn by many teenagers. They are similar to the ripped jeans and mainly why they are so popular is because they are ripped and loose. What has also been a trending are earrings. They look good on men, especially because it demonstrates a feeling of confidence. Also, men have lately been getting perms and they look good on certain people. Some may be able to rock the hairstyle and others won’t be able to.

Lastly, flannels have been trending among men. Whether it is checkered flannels or just flannels that have designs. They usually look good when they are completely unbuttoned and you wear a shirt. When they are completely buttoned, not everyone is able to look good in them.

Continuing, with what Joanna said, the off the shoulder tops look good on girls. They look good especially when the shirt has bright color to it, not a dark color. The look good with some ripped jeans.

Joanna: Kevin has made some good points in male fashion and they might have more fashion trends then girls at the moment. I had have to agree with how flannels don’t look go when fully buttoned up. There’s always a new trend going around for us girls that it’s kind of hard to keep up with. A real big trend for girls is off the shoulder tops that can be found in any store. Along with ripped jeans, I can’t really judge people with these jeans considering most of my jeans are ripped, girls love getting their jeans at American Eagle, along with their graphic tees. Sheer shirts or bodysuits are an upcoming trend that I have noticed. I mostly see Forever 21 selling these two things. A trend that has been around for the longest time has to be Pink products. It doesn’t seem to matter if it’s there shirts, sweaters, sweat pants, or any other product. This brand is definitely one that doesn’t go out of style.       

Both:

Women have also had fashion trends this year such as: the ripped jeans, Hombré hair, and makeup. The ripped jeans that women wear looks great on them. Ripped jeans looks good on the majority of woman because it’s stylish. When they have a few parts that are ripped or a couple of holes. It’s fine. But when the majority of the pants is ripped, we both agree at that point, just wear shorts. Honestly, why wear pants that have such little fabric? Wearing shorts is your best bet since it’s basically the same thing.

1 Comment

One Response to “Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends”

1. Robert Morgan on May 23rd, 2018 8:38 am

Ripped jeans is something all teachers should wear. Don’t you agree, this would make us look more stylish

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Aliso Niguel High School Trumps Santa Ana High School

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Making New Friends 101

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Pass on the MoviePass

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Just What I NEEDed or: How I Learned to Stop Caring and Love Social Media

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Welcome to Your Senior Year

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

48907 Protects Our Voice

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Swan Song: You Don’t Need a 4.0 to have a Memorable Experience at GFHS

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

The Gummy Bear: Final Edition

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Sneaker Hype is Just That Hype

• Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends

Editorials

Off Campus Lunch Should Be a Senior Privilege

Boy vs. Girl: Fashion Trends