The Gummy Bear: Final Edition

Emilia Correa, Staff Writer

Is Graduation being held at the Bowl or Godinez again?

Dear soon to be graduate,

Graduation this year will be held at the Santa Ana Bowl unlike class of 2016. Disregard any rumors stating otherwise. It will be held on Tuesday, May 29th, at 7 p.m. Make sure you gather enough tickets needed for your family members going, since there are a limited amount given per student. Also, if you’re planning on doing anything after graduation with your family, like a dinner, make sure to make reservations as soon as possible. You don’t want to be stuck in a 30 minute wait at Maggiano’s to seat half your extended family late on a  Tuesday night.

Where’s a good place to look for a last minute eventful dress for spring?

Dear Procrastinator,

Springtime is full of events like baptisms, weddings, graduations, birthdays, prom, etc. All of which might require you to shop around for a new dress or two. Lucky for you, if you happen to wait around for the last minute or never got around to buying a dress, don’t stress. There’s still a few options. The third floor at South Coast Plaza Macy’s has a sea of options with surprisingly reasonable prices. The dresses here are pretty unique and range from casual to elegant. If you happen to need more of a gown and you have a good time slot, making a trip  down to the fashion district of LA is a great option. It’s like an abyss of dresses so you’re bound to find two or three that you really like. If you’re in an absolute time pinch, a good last resort would be Windsor. The dresses here are known for being “overhyped” or “burnt out” due to the likelihood of you twinning with someone. But all that matters is that you find a dress that you like because ultimately that’s what’s important.

Is it too late to join a sport even though I’m a sophomore ?

Dear never-too-late,

Not at all. As an incoming junior, you have half of high school ahead of you which goes by in a flash. Therefore, if joining sports is what you want to do then by all means go for it. Make sure you talk to the coach in order to get try out dates and discuss your situation. Know that you will most likely be a little behind the other girls/boys who have been on the team since their freshman year. However, this shouldn’t discourage you. Make sure you routinely practice before your tryouts to ensure you make the team.

How can I extend my last 2 weeks in high school ?

Dear nostalgic,

This is the million dollar question for every senior. All through high school, most long for the day that we graduate, until the day graduation actually happens. It is incredibly scary to know that you are ending one chapter of your life and leaving the safety of high school. Entering the unknown of adulthood is worrisome and very intimidating. High school is where some of us made our best memories and friends, so the only way to extend these remaining days are to take them in and enjoy them with whomever you call your friends. 6 days left seniors !