Prom 2018, A Lovely Night

Elizabeth Molina, Staff Writer

Prom is the dance that  every student looks forward to their senior year. This year’s prom was at the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace in Yorba Linda. Senior girls at Godinez were asked about their dresses including, where they shopped and their experience looking for a dress. 

Senior Giselle Silva said that she did not have a hard time looking for her dress because she already had an idea what she wanted. Silva went to Los Angeles to look for her dress. “I ended up getting a mermaid dress, which is black with nude at the bottom,” said Silva.

Senior Natalie Arroyo, said her dress is long and fitted with lace at the top. “The color I picked was burgundy, and looking for it was stressful because I had to find the perfect one that I liked.” Arroyo said she looked for dresses at many places including Macy’s, Nordstrom, and 4th Street Marketplace in DTSA.

Another senior, Emilia Soto at Godinez wanted her dress really simple to feel comfortable and fit her personality. It was stressful for Soto because she didn’t know what she wanted. “I looked at two stores: Nordstrom and Davids Bridal, and I found my dress at Nordstrom,” said Soto.

The trend seen at prom was mermaid style and the color red. The theme of La La Land was followed by the jazz live music there was. The Nixon Library was a beautiful venue. Walking into the venue was a picture of Richard Nixon. To get to the dance floor were stands for snacks, photobooth, and a Cariature stand. The outside had tables with live jazz music and a gelato stand.

Senior Evelyn Navarro, was happy with the place and said, ¨The venue was not bad it was very nice and elegant.¨ Senior Kaeri Jimenez,  reflected ¨The venue was nice and it was big, the best part was the air conditioner.¨

After a night of dancing and eating gelato students were sent out of the venue at 11:30pm. After prom some students went out to eat and some went home, whichever it was we hope students enjoyed their night.