Apps You Should Know

Gustavo Navarro, Staff Writer

Many people are always on their phones just staring at it for hours because they have no plans to do anything or go anywhere. Since you’re on your phone, why not use it to go somewhere, tryout new things or hang out with friends?

On Instagram you can search @Bringme and you’ll find places that you’ve never seen before. The page posts places all around the world where you can soon go to eat, relax, and hangout. To find the closest spots, just use the hashtag #bringmesocal and you’ll find the closest spots near you. If you like gelato, not far from here is Eiswelt Gelato in Westminster. There you can get your favorite type of ice cream with a design of your choosing.

Now for gamers, the most trending game right now is Fortnite. Since the game came out, many people have been more attached to their gaming consoles or PC. But, many people don’t have the new consoles or a PC. That’s why Fortnite is now available on your smartphone. The game is exactly the same as the one on the console, but the controls are on the same screen.

The next game closest to that is PUBG. The game was originally made for PC, but now it can be used and played as a mobile app. It’s almost the same as Fortnite. The mission is to be the last survivor. The difference between them are the graphics.

For incoming seniors who will need help finding scholarships, the Scholly app is made for students who will be attending college. The app gathers up the best scholarships specifically for you and puts them on a list for you to apply to them.

Yesenia Lopez, a senior, said, “This app is really useful, I just wish I could have heard about it earlier.”

The last app Socratic, is an app that can help you with any type of homework when you are struggling. You just take a picture of a math problem or any sort of question and once you got the picture, you press search and your answer will pop up in a matter of seconds. If it’s for a math type of question, the app will show you all the steps to get to the answer and help better understand where you got stuck. This app can really help anyone struggling with their homework and which is why it’s important to have an app like this ready to use.

Senior Felix Orozco, mentioned, “ It helps a lot with my classwork, when I can’t find the answer. I just use the app to help me.”

Everyday people are using their phones for their own amusement, so why not use your phone to make life more enjoyable and easier.

1 Comment

One Response to “Apps You Should Know”

1. Diego Sanchez on May 30th, 2018 10:09 am

I prognosticate that using a lot of these apps will help both home and school life. They will help make our lifestyles less brash and easier such as math assignments. Even though many will make sordid decisions by just copying the answers from the app and not really learning, I still concur that the use of apps like this will efficiently help students learn. Also, the idea of discovering new places to spend time at is very laudable. Many teens spend their summer days doing nothing and with the help of this app, they can at least explore new areas.

[Reply]

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Dancing the Night Away: Photo Gallery of Prom 2018

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Grizzlies Take Flight

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

From High School Seniors to College Freshman

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Seniors, Plan Accordingly

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Teachers Secret Talents Shows Passion Beyond the Classroom

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Help Wanted, Young, not so Dumb, and Broke

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Two Teachers Give Their GFHS Farewells

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Prom 2018, A Lovely Night

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

The Need For Reading

• Apps You Should Know

Campus News

Taking 17 Minutes Of Solidarity at GFHS

Apps You Should Know