The McMorris Triple Threat

From Left: Reyna, Patrick and Catherine McMorris show their triplet bond on campus near their classes.

Eduardo Rosas

Eduardo Rosas

Eduardo Rosas and Anthony Paredes

Success is not given, it is earned. The McMorris triplets are a perfect example. Despite the success of their older siblings, they work hard every day to be successful in what they do and try to write their own story.

Catherine, Reyna, and Patrick McMorris may seem to have many things in common but in reality, they are three very different persons who live with the daily struggles of being triplets.

Struggles the McMorris girls said they face are “sharing clothes and people getting us mixed up. We face that every day.” So, we later asked them how they deal with these struggles and how they teach people to tell them apart, and they said, “Well, Reyna has a mole on her upper lip and her overall style is more girly.” And when we asked them about the struggles they face with Patrick they both said, “Communication because he never tells us what’s going on.”

But, putting lack of communication aside, the McMorris sisters have led the volleyball team to an outstanding season last year. But volleyball is not the only passion they have, the McMorris twins also play basketball, and with their outstanding playing ability, they led last year’s team to the second round of CIF. Finished 9-1 in the league and also finished 17-7 overall.

But the girls aren’t the only ones who are making noise in the sports they play. Their brother Patrick plays varsity football and basketball, and he too is the player to look out for when on the field. He is leading the varsity football team to CIF with outstanding catches and runs of up to 90 yards.

He is definitely making his mark here at Godinez and hopes to one day be like his older brother. So we asked him if the success of his older brother, who plays college football for CAL Berkeley, put some pressure on him Patrick said the following, “No, not at all, in fact, I look up to him and he inspires me because if he can do it so can I.”

Their dad has to juggle the responsibility of raising triplets by himself. He said, “I take care of them just like any other parent would.”

Their humble father works hard every day making ordinary kids extraordinary student-athletes. The most important thing their dad said to motivate his kids, “Stay in school and get a good education. Study hard so you can be successful in college.”

The McMorris triplets are definitely making their mark here at Godinez and we get to enjoy having them on and off the field for the next two years before they head off to college and continue writing their story.

5 Responses to “The McMorris Triple Threat”

1. Mariana Ortiz on March 28th, 2018 12:05 pm

The McMorris triplets are very adroit people that are known for being their athleticism. The triplets are very eminent people as they are not just known for the sports they play but for the qualities, they show at Godinez as they are very inspirational. Sure the girl twins are always being confused however each one has something different about that. For example, Catherine is not only in varsity volleyball and basketball along with her sister Reyna but also is in ASB showing that she is very involved with her school. While Reyna also helps out in the library in the morning. Patrick, on the other hand, is in both varsity football and basketball but also has an artistic side to him as he does Men’s Choir along the side. As you can tell the triplets are very well-rounded students are very inspirational.

2. R. Morgan on March 30th, 2018 8:18 am

Dominating not only in athletics, ASB is a place where their presence is being felt as well. Great kids come from great parents.

3. Stephanie Dominguez on March 30th, 2018 8:45 am

The McMorris triplets inspire me to be as good as them with all my academic work. They will leave an eminent mark at Godinez Fundamental High school because of all their sports, and academic achievements. I can see incipient success coming their way.

4. Nancy chavez on March 30th, 2018 11:28 am

The McMorris triplets are the most hardworking athletes i know. As well as hardworking in their education.

5. Erika on March 30th, 2018 11:30 am

The McMorris Triplets are not only athletic, they are three strong individuals that do not give up. They keep going and try their best no matter what is going on.

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Hispanic Heritage Month Observed Through Major League Athletes

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Freshman in Cross Country Varsity Breaks All Time Record

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Athletes of the Month: September

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Friendships and Families in Volleyball

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

College Football: Will your college football team live up to the hype this season?

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Sports Spotlight: Donna Tran

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

A Game to Remember

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Another Year, Another Heartbreaking Loss for Godinez

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Athletes of the Month: May

• The McMorris Triple Threat

Sports

Athletes of the Month: April

The McMorris Triple Threat