Grizzlies Shine at the Annual Talent Show

Senior Faviola Alvarez performs in her last talent show at GFHS.

Stephanie Padilla

Stephanie Padilla

Alondra Salgado, Staff Writer

Every year the talent show sells out, and January 26 show was no exception. After attending the show, it was amazing to see how many of our fellow Grizzlies have incredible talent.

Overall, all the performances were incredible but there were some that were extraordinary. The second act, K-Pop, killed their performance with a dance routine that was “on fleek.”The girls in the group were so into the dance that everybody in the crowd was dancing in their seats.

Teacher Taylor Nguyen had a great performance, with his angelic voice singing the song “Havana” by Camila Cabello and “Besame Mucho” by Andrea Bocelli. It made the crowd go wild.

Our teachers showed school spirit and were willing to share their talent with the whole school. The funniest acts of the night were our teachers, Including teachers you would not expect such as Aracely Treffery, Miriam Contreras, Morales, and Bikener.

The coolest act of the night was from Mr. Tena’s students’ performance with the glow in the dark dance to the song “Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer.

During the show we were given glow sticks and encouraged to join the performance. The room was filled with screams and shouts supporting our performers and when the crowd enjoyed the performance, they would wave the glow sticks back and forth.

Teacher Paula Miller with her beautiful voice and live music of a violin and piano, sang her heart out and dedicated it to the class of 2018.

The cutest performance was by Gilbert Ruiz, who had a great voice and sang the song “Love Yourself” by Justin Beiber and dedicated it to his girlfriend.

The final act of the night was done by two of our Grizzlies, Carlos Colocho and Cindy Serato, who showed incredible talent.

If you missed the Talent show, check out the Godinez Facebook page for their recorded stream of the show.

12 Responses to “Grizzlies Shine at the Annual Talent Show”

1. R. Morgan on February 14th, 2018 8:28 am

Incredible hops

[Reply]

2. No on February 14th, 2018 9:52 am

Incredible Not-Hops

[Reply]

3. Yesenia on February 14th, 2018 1:13 pm

I agree that the Talent Show was amazing.

[Reply]

4. Gabby on February 14th, 2018 2:12 pm

The talent show was really cool and I’m glad I went to see it.

[Reply]

5. Axel on February 26th, 2018 9:40 am

Congrats to the teachers and students who performed in the talent show it rocked all of the hearts of each student. My favorite act was when the performers passed out glow sticks to encourage the people to join in and dance along to the song that was playing. I was also shocked to see that my Spanish teacher along with Ms. Contreras, Ms. Treffery, and Ms. Bikener had made their own act as if they were using funny gestures to make the audience laugh.

[Reply]

6. Joseph Lopez on February 26th, 2018 11:19 am

I think that its cool how our school hosts talent shows. It helps students get involved in school activities and it helps students built confidence by performing in front of people. Its cool how these students perform their act in front of these students it shows you how confident they are in themselves. These students are going to be eminent because they performed in front of people.

[Reply]

7. Jonathan Rodriguez on February 26th, 2018 11:37 am

This is an event where everyone should have attended the 5 bucks was worth wasting to see special talent which you don’t realize people have until this show. Even the teachers were involved and show that they are humans like us and have fun outside the classroom.

[Reply]

8. Jose Lobato on February 26th, 2018 12:17 pm

I think Cindy Serrato was playing the bass guitar with great adroitness. I loved the last act and it made everyone replete with joy.

[Reply]

9. Nancy on February 26th, 2018 12:20 pm

It sounded splendid that the talent show was a great hit. Along with also having teachers and staff support the school too bad, there had to be an quell to it at night. Reading the article really made me feel like as if I was there since its very detailed. I wish that I could have been there in person to see the show.

[Reply]

10. Figueroa Steven on February 26th, 2018 12:23 pm

I really enjoyed this year’s talent show, it was so amazing seeing students and teachers perform on stage. Mr. Nuygen who sang a song was really outstanding because of his beautiful voice. When he began to sing the whole audience went crazy about how great he sounded. I felt that most students had to be adroit in order to perform in front of an audience.

[Reply]

11. Jonathan Rodriguez on February 27th, 2018 10:56 am

The talent show this year is something worth wasting your money on because the talent shown by each individual was amazing. Even showing the teachers personality outside of the classroom which shows they are also human. Given glow sticks making the audience get involved made it more of a better show. It was a perfunctory show because of how much fun I had. This talent show the audience were not so voluble. To sally on in each performance was just extrandiordary they barely took time on moving. Even this year the audience were way more precocious than past years.

[Reply]

12. elizabeth Mendoza on April 12th, 2018 2:22 pm

The talent show is an amazing opportunity to show people your talents. I find it cool because everyone has different talents to show and not everyone has the same talents.

[Reply]

• Grizzlies Shine at the Annual Talent Show

Campus News

Dancing the Night Away: Photo Gallery of Prom 2018

Campus News

Grizzlies Take Flight

Campus News

From High School Seniors to College Freshman

Campus News

Seniors, Plan Accordingly

Campus News

Teachers Secret Talents Shows Passion Beyond the Classroom

Campus News

Help Wanted, Young, not so Dumb, and Broke

Campus News

Two Teachers Give Their GFHS Farewells

Campus News

Prom 2018, A Lovely Night

Campus News

Apps You Should Know

Campus News

The Need For Reading