New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Godinez+offers+several+opportunities+on+campus%2C+such+as+college+visits.+
Godinez offers several opportunities on campus, such as college visits.

Yumaly Mota

Yumaly Mota

Yumaly Mota and Stephanie Mota

Getting to know the unfamiliar personnel on school grounds or even how to get to your new class can be quite challenging.

As the new school year begins, life around campus changes. From changes in administration offices locations to new members on staff, the school year welcomes a whole new perspective to Godinez. One of the biggest changes has been the new face of Godinez, Principal Jesse Church.

Around campus, the Grizzly Lounge is now next to the Athletics office upstairs in the first building. Another change in location would be the Administration offices. Now our assistant principals’ offices are in the Student Center, to help students find help faster.

“It makes more sense keeping everything together so we won’t have to send students
all the way to the front office to see an admin.” said Matthew Hall, counselor.

With the Higher Ed center changing locations, students are more than welcome to come in and check out the different decor. Having Higher Ed in the front of the building provides a bigger and more open space. It also encourages students to go to college presentations when they see other students participating.

Not only have there been changes in location, we have also gained and lost a number of staff. We lost staff members due to retirement,  pink slips fears, or other personal reasons.

In addition, we also have new faces we’d like to welcome to our school. Other than Principal Church, our new administrator is Felipe Zamudio, taking position as assistant principal. Assistant Principal Kathy Ochoa left for another position in another district and her position has yet to be filled.

Overall,  Godinez continues to change. We hope to see everyone showing pride and respect to the new staff as well as everyone around you.

26 Responses to “New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus”

1. Natalie Morales on October 20th, 2017 8:23 am

The changes around campus were very sudden ,but after adjusting to them they have made our school a lot better. Having a new principal is always scary ,but Mr.Church didn’t have to cajole me into believing that the change is the best thing for the school. So far this year the changes have enhanced our school spirit, pride, and respect.

[Reply]

2. Daniela on October 20th, 2017 8:29 am

Our school is changing for the better. Not everyone is likes the changes being done but they do like the improvements that they are seeing. The tardies, for example, has been a really big deal and having the students serve detention for it is a great idea and consequence to get them to change their time schedule.

[Reply]

3. Francisco Nestor on October 20th, 2017 8:36 am

At first, the Grizzly Lounge was mundane last year because it was at the library and right there your suppose to be quite. Today I think a lot people now know where it is and it has a lot more activities than last year. The problem is when you try to put the Grizzly Lounge and the Athletics office, these to do not incongruous but at least there are many more people that show up to this fun place.

[Reply]

4. Jessica Bustos on October 20th, 2017 8:37 am

I personally think that addressing the new changes of the incongruous campus locations is very helpful. Now that we don’t have agendas this year with a map of the school on the back, it would have been confusing and difficult to figure out where administration offices, the Grizzly Lounge, and the Higher Ed center are now.

[Reply]

5. Maria Roman on October 20th, 2017 8:38 am

Some changes in our school have been really helpful to students. Something that is new to our school is the Grizzly Lounge that’s next to the Athletics Office. We also got a new Principal Mr. Church. He has been doing a really nice job on keeping everyone safe and checking that all students dress appropriate. Someone else that’s new to our school is Mr. Zamudio. He is a really nice assistance principal and has good communication we students.

[Reply]

6. Kimberly Alia on October 20th, 2017 8:38 am

Change is good for our school, not only does it give us new experiences but it also gives us a chance to make our school better. Mr. Church is a new principal and has changed many things for the greater good. He reprimands us to strive and succeed in every way possible and he’s doing a great job.

[Reply]

7. Roberto on October 20th, 2017 8:38 am

I believe that the incipient staff has found more and better ways for students to get invovled with school activities. This is a good idea because many students may feel incongruous in a club they are in and if they try something new they may fit in better with the other students.

[Reply]

8. Maya Morales on October 20th, 2017 8:39 am

These new changes will surely help our students and will hopefully give them a chance to talk to those who are willing to support them in any way possible. I hope we students to advance more with our studies to have a successful life in the future.

[Reply]

9. Gaby on October 20th, 2017 8:45 am

This year has been pretty wild, especially with the recent change in principals this year. I was shook to find out that Ms. Landsiedel was replaced and I’m glad to this day that I havent really had any complaints with the school other than this year what happen to the agenda’s then lets not forget if you come late now you have to wait in a 15min line just for a piece of paper that proves i’m late. I come to school to study at yall taking 10mins away from my class I’m failing. Don’t take it wrong Mr.Church is lit but these new changes I’m shooken.

[Reply]

10. Christian Vera on October 20th, 2017 8:46 am

I feel that the most significant change this year in our school was the change in our principal, Mr. Jesse Church and many of the new staff. While the school may not seem to have more spirit than last year it is not difficult to see that we are aiming to get some school spirit going here. The campus appears a whole lot cleaner now and I feel much safer than before with security appearing to be much more prevalent than my previous year as a freshman. I would love to see some major changes in this schools appearance too. We need people to know who lives here and by marking our territory, we can do just that. I do have one concern with the students of this school and I know it is not just our school, it would be respect towards other students. Students on a day to day basis are putting each other down, belittling and humiliating one another. It disheartens to hear that us students have little respect for one another knowing that nobody is perfect. Other than that, Im glad that this school is improving little by little.

[Reply]

11. Guadalupe Leonides on October 20th, 2017 9:26 am

This year there have been many changes in Godinez. For example, we have our new principal, Mr. Church. Also, now the Grizzly Lounge has been moved next to the Athletics office. In my opinion, these are examples of positive changes that we have had in our school. It was a positive change to move the Higher Ed Center because students could walk by and look around. This could help students be more motivated because they see their fellow classmates participating. We’ve also have had negative changes, like for example, some staff members have left. There might be negative things but Godinez keeps changing in a positive way.

[Reply]

12. Arianna Guillen on October 20th, 2017 9:28 am

This article emphasizes mainly on the current change of our school decor and faculty. However, the topic of future projects and adjustments were not mentioned. I am eager to see the new changes of decor our principal Mr. Church says he will bring. As quoted in his words ” You can’t tell where’s the park and where’s Godinez.” In the assembly, he mentioned there would be murals all around campus yet there has been no signs of any type of future project. I would like to suggest if an article can be made regarding a follow up to his plans that he hopes to achieve.

[Reply]

13. Matthew Batres on October 20th, 2017 9:33 am

Change is usually a strong example of effort. When things change on campus, it shows that the staff, students, and teachers saw a problem and decided to do something about it. It’s pleasurable to see that along with the growth of staff, there is also a growth in improvements. Mr. Church, our principal, also has the cessation to stop the students from being late which is something the students don’t like, but it is a new requirement. Even though this is the incipient of the new redesign, people are looking forward to what the campus has to offer.

[Reply]

14. Monserrath Mejia Esquivel on October 20th, 2017 9:38 am

In my opinion I believe that theses new changes are creating an enhancing impact here, in the Grizzly society, because we the students are getting more attention and help towards our grades, classes, and school life. For example, last year there weren’t as many opportunities as this year and let me just say it is good to be spoiled with motivation and help from others. Although something that I would like to see in the future is more parent participation and fundraisers that will help improve Godinez because nothing is better than the incipience of avid parents towards their child’s education.

[Reply]

15. Nayeli Pintor on October 20th, 2017 9:43 am

I think all of these enhancements made to Godinez are great and they are beneficial not only to the staff but to students as well. The new changes in administration and staff will benefit our school, especially the biggest change of getting a new principal, Mr.Church. This change has affected us in a positive way because with Mr.Church there has been many other changes to improve Godinez. Another change that was made was towards the Higher Ed center, this change is very beneficial for students because it provides more space and encourages us to visit the Higher Ed more often. These changes are inadvertent, and there will continue to be more changes towards our school.

[Reply]

16. Alejandro Izquierdo on October 20th, 2017 10:32 am

It is nice to hear that with a new principal there will be new enhancements around the school. For example having the things that have connection be located close together. Not only were there changes to were things are located but also new teachers have joined Godinez and students should not use their rudimentary knowledge on a subject they should show their full potential.

[Reply]

17. Karyme Iniguez on October 20th, 2017 10:33 am

While these changes are great, some students have difficulty by trying to find staff members since most of them are running around campus and never in one place, especially during lunch. Some students don’t even have places to eat because the tables are too crowded and more than half of all the students sitting choose to be petty. Therefore, more tables should be added in the center of the quad, there is a great amount of space. Also, after these changes were made, not many announcements were made as to where these factors of our school moved, resulting in the confusion in our students’ minds. The school has also fabricated a process of making students get tardy slips in the front office when they are late, something we didn’t have before. In my opinion, this process wastes more time, just let the students fill out a tardy card. Therefore, the staff members can do their job in the morning and not have to worry about students coming to school late. Overall, I can confidently say that the school has enhanced its’ features such as the new locations of the activities office, grizzly lounge, and etc.

[Reply]

18. Cynthia Molina on October 20th, 2017 10:34 am

When I heard over the summer that Godinez was going to have a new principal I got so happy because it was just an amazing news. After being able to listen to Mr. Church about the changes he was going to make so when other people came to campus they knew they had entered the Godinez,I began to bristle and knew he was going to finally make a change in this school.

[Reply]

19. Damian Lizardi on October 20th, 2017 10:36 am

Godinez has always been a great school with a good reputation for academics and athletics overall. For this little introduction, I want to say that I feel sad for the teacher’s and staff who lost their jobs because of the pink slip, but I hope the best for them. With our new staff currently, I really feel safe during school hours, but that’s not all, with our new principal Jesse Church making good changes for the school I really feel that this school is going to become a great performer not only in academics with our smart students but also in athletics with our great sports teams.
    Overall these new changes were satisfactory because now students have more motivation to keep going and doing awesome stuff for our school community.

[Reply]

20. Jacquelyn Carrera on October 20th, 2017 10:36 am

Godinez Fundamental High School has made a great change in this year 2017-2018. New staff members were hired to our school, while other staff members had to be retired or be left for personal reasons. I believe, that this year Mr.Church is going to make Godinez Fundamental High the academic high school it ever was once before and will be in, Santa Ana, California.

[Reply]

21. Maria Nieto on October 20th, 2017 10:38 am

After the school staff has been enhancing the locations of administrative offices, buildings are easier to find and I no longer find myself confused. In addition to that, I think the new faces of the school, Mr. Church and Mr. Zamudio, are going to lead Godinez to success. They have been very encouraging and spirited and I look forward to seeing any further changes that they are planning.

[Reply]

22. Fernando Alonso on October 20th, 2017 10:48 am

This article is very informative. It, talks about new changes and staff being made around campus. Our new assistant principal, Felipe Zamudio, is required since our old assistant principal, Kathy Ochoa has left our campus. We have also lost some other staff members which some people may be gloomy about it. Also, since the Higher Ed seem to have more space which would allow more students to come by and see the new changes about the area. Even if Godinez is changing it for the better to the campus.

[Reply]

23. Julie Gaona on October 20th, 2017 12:24 pm

These new changes a are great way to change and expand learning to the throng at Godinez. Having college presentations around school is no pretext for college. These new opportunities makes me believe into a bigger and brighter future.

[Reply]

24. Javier on October 20th, 2017 12:36 pm

Godinez is changing in a very fast way. The school appears to be growing in a very positive way. My hope is that it stays like that, i would hate it for Godinez to one day become infamous for doing bad.

[Reply]

25. Moises Cerda on October 20th, 2017 12:41 pm

This article is great, it includes information we need to know. It is great because it stipulates us to know some locations that have moved in the school, such as the Athletics Office and the Administration Office.

[Reply]

26. Jonathan Uriostegui on October 20th, 2017 12:42 pm

I really like how in this article they made it about where they moved classrooms and the new staff. I like how they stipulated where the assistant principal have moved there room. They also explain how they want the students to be more involved this school year.

[Reply]

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

A Guide to Christmas Festivities in OC

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Grizzlies Gift Giving Guide

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Grizzlies Cope With an Unthankful Three Day Break

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Grizzlies Attend College Late Nights

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Gentrification Changing Downtown Santa Ana

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Thanksgiving Traditions at Godinez

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

One Mom’s Experience Living after Gentrification

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Solving the Bathroom Problem at Godinez

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

How WASC’s Decision Affects our School

• New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus

Campus News

Grizzlies looking Fa”BOO”lous on Halloween

New Changes Appear on Godinez Campus